Whether you pay too much for car insurance or you have no coverage for your current car, you should inquire about car insurance rates online by requesting car insurance quotes.
Things that can affect your car insurance quote:
- Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco usage
- Prior incidents and crashes
- Vehicle mileage, age, condition, make and model
- Criminal record
- Personal health problems and medical conditions
The only way to know for sure is to request your car insurance quotes online. It's fast and free. There should be a link at the top right corner with the best insurance offer. We also have some links on the right sidebar and at the bottom of the page.
What to have prepared when requesting car insurance quotes:
- Your driver's license
- Social security number
- Car make, model, mileage, and year
- They might ask you about prior car accidents and traffic tickets and violations
Remember: Most states require by law that your vehicle is fully insured before you can drive it on the road. Having auto insurance will also provide you a safety net in the case of an auto accident. In many cases, you can go to jail or have an enormous fine for not having car insurance, especially if you are involved in hit and run! Be safe, get car insurance.
What to do when pulled over by a police officer:
- Pull over to the shoulder to a safe location
- Roll down the window and park the car
- Comply with the police officer
- Be polite, courteous, and honest
- The police officer will typically ask for your driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, but it depends on your state of residence, and the nature of the situation
Having proof of car insurance is important for more than just covering any costs incurred in an automobile accident. It is important for when you get pulled over in a state that legally requires it.
If you don't already have car insurance on your car and you drive it on the road, you should get insured as soon as possible. You can start by using one of the car insurance companies promoted on this site, where you can look up car insurance quotes online.